The Society of Jesus has more than 70 parishes throughout the United States and Canada. Eleven of these (and 2 missions) are in seven states throughout the Midwest. Whether sharing Ignatian spirituality with college students at St. Mary Student Parish & Newman Center at the University of Michigan, providing practical and spiritual care for people experiencing homelessness in downtown Detroit, challenging young minds at parish grade schools, or accompanying generations of Lakota-Catholic parishioners on the Rosebud and Pine Ridge Indian Reservations in South Dakota, we seek to help all those we encounter find God in all things.
Click on the links below to learn more about each of the Jesuits’ pastoral ministries in the Midwest. Click here to see a map of the Jesuit parishes throughout the United States.
- Bellarmine Chapel (Cincinnati, OH)
- Church of the Gesu (Milwaukee, WI)
- Church of the Gesu (University Heights, OH)
- Holy Rosary Mission Parish (Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD)
- Gesu Catholic Church (Detroit, MI)
- Kentucky Jesuit Mission (Lexington, KY)
- Our Lady of Guadalupe & St. Patrick’s Parishes (Milwaukee, WI)
- St. Francis Mission Parishes (St. Francis, SD)
- St. Isaac Jogues (Rapid City, SD)
- St. John’s Parish (Omaha, NE)
- St. Mary Student Parish (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Ss. Peter & Paul Jesuit Church and Pope Francis Center (Detroit, MI)
- Saint Thomas More Catholic Community (Saint Paul, MN)
- Saint Xavier Church (Cincinnati, OH)